Project Walk – Jimbo’s “It’s in the Bag” Program
Change for Change – Wooden Nickel Recipient
Project Walk Spinal Cord Injury Recovery Center is honored to be the recipient of this quarter’s “It’s in the Bag” program.
Jimbo’s has set up this program to help promote the recycling of shopping bags, reward those customers that reuse their bags, and pass the money they save on grocery bags on to local charitable organizations.
How to support Project Walk:
- Shop at any 4 San Diego Jimbo’s locations and when Jimbo’s bag your groceries, they count how many bags are needed.
- For each of your full sized bags Jimbo’s use, they offer you a nickel.
- You have your choice of a standard U.S. nickel minted by the Treasury Department, or a wooden nickel minted by Jimbo’s.
- If you choose the U.S. nickel, the change is yours to keep. But, and this is the really neat part, if you choose the Jimbo’s nickel, you have the opportunity to “spend” your wooden nickel in a way that helps one or more local, non-profit organizations.
- 4 bins are set up by our cash registers, and one designated for Project Walk.
Start reusing your grocery bags from July – September. Every contribution, big or small, allows Project Walk to advance its mission of restoring the dynamics of normal living for individuals with a spinal cord injury.